Dive Equipment is Life-Support Equipment! Take care of it and it will take care of you!
- Rinse all of your equipment after each dive and clean it before storing it
- Always allow your gear to dry completely before putting it away
- Store your gear in an area protected from extreme temperatures, dust, and dirt
- Get your gear professionally serviced annually, even if you do not dive regularly
- Check your equipment for leaks, cracking, and other signs of wear and tear, especially in your regulator and hoses
- Have your pressure gauge checked for accuracy annually
- Don't forget to have your BCD and pressure hoses, and inflator hoses checked annually
- Replace parts as needed to prolong the life of your equipment. Waiting for a big problem can really end up costing you!
- Follow manufacturer's guidelines for proper maintenance of your gear.